Friday, 29 April 2011

Let's just take a moment to remember...

I'm 21 years old and I only really started paying attention to politics when I was about 17. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised when I found out that John Banks used to be an MP. I knew of him as the dude who induced lots of irritated mutterings from my folks whenever he turned up on the telly.

I remember when I opened my first-year law readings to find this particular gem from the debates on Homosexual Law Reform in 1986:

"To pretend that such behaviour is normal and healthy is no more sensible than to celebrate with an alcoholic his alcohol drinking problem... homosexuality is wrong on every occasion"* 
 I remember seeing this on campus during the Mayoral Campaign:












































So this guy wants to be an MP again?

Let's not forget who we're dealing with.


*NZPD 427 Homosexual Law Reform Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment